COVID-19 Update (March 27, 2020)
This has been an unprecedented few weeks to say the least. The economic and business climate seems to change daily as we witness market volatility and the global spread of COVID-19. I want you to know we’re here for you, just as we’ve always been.
It’s time for us to come together as a community, to do all we can to slow the spread of COVID-19, and to assist each other including local small businesses affected by these challenging times.
Since the outbreak, protecting the well-being of our employees, their families and our clients has been of the utmost importance. Our team continues to respond to all of your support requests and keeps meeting your needs, even in times of disruption.
There is no playbook for the situation we find ourselves in so I want to give you a brief summary of what our team did before COVID-19 was an issue in Canada and what we’re doing now.
Before COVID-19 was an issue in Canada:
- Knowing most IT hardware is made in China and with the China shutdown we purchased extra laptops, workstations, monitors, switches and access points just in case along with extra racking to store them.
- We purchased N95 masks, gloves, eye protection and Lysol wipes.
- We beefed up our normal Flu Season talk with employees.
- We ensured all employees were wiping down their phones, keyboards, mice and work surfaces.
- We ensured anyone not feeling feel, worked from home.
Extra steps we’ve taken:
- We have postponed all in-person meetings.
- Employees not required to be in the office are working remotely.
- Employees required in the office practice social distancing and follow required health regulations.
- Employees required to go on-site to supply critical services for clients will make as little as possible social contact and have the necessary protective equipment.
- We have in place special procedures to protect our couriers and employees when delivering or receiving equipment from a quarantined location.
Extra steps we would like you to take:
- When sending us equipment please wipe it down first with Lysol wipes.
- Be patient with our team as they’re working long, hard and stressful hours.
- If your support request is not urgent please hold off submitting it so we can assist those that require us to get their employees working remotely.
I’ve taken phone calls at all hours of the night and our entire team is here for you!
If you have any questions you can reach me at 204.891.0338 (cell) or 204.272.1461 (office).
Jason Kolaski, President and CEO