Network Administration Services Representative
Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (1 Hour Lunch)
Benefits: After waiting period
Vacation: 2 Weeks + 5 Flex Days
- Provide the 2nd level of technical support for issues that come to us by phone calls, emails or automatic tickets. Support will include hardware, software, networks, workstations, servers, VoIP phone systems and IP surveillance systems.
- Identify, research, and resolve technical problems.
- Document, track and monitor issues to ensure a timely resolution.
- Contribute in project meetings, and technical project work.
- Assist other IT support staff if required with day-to-day operational duties such as security, backup and recovery, performance, change management, and end user support issues as needed.
- Ensure updates of service inquiries are entered into the Helpdesk System immediately upon completion of the latest service work performed.
- Respond to the needs and requests of clients, management and staff in a professional and expedient manner. May require site visits to customers.
- Observes all company policies.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Speaks clear English
- 3-5 Years of prior I.T. experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- High level Knowledge of Microsoft Server (2003 and up), Microsoft SBS server (2003 and up), Exchange (2007 and up), SQL (2005 and up), Hyper-v, VMWare ESX and View (4.1 and up), Veeam. Linux and MAC experience would be an asset.
- Willing to continuously expand skills after hours using the online training provided by the company.
- A good understanding of DHCP, DNS and IP routing and network equipment.
- Enjoys working with people and problem solving.
- Technical certification of some type of I.T. courses and an MCP (or higher).
- Must be adept at troubleshooting issues and able to explain the solutions to non-technical audiences in a non-technical way.
- Good knowledge of Windows Desktop, Server and Firewall setups, troubleshooting and operation.
- Good understanding of virtualization technology.
- Project management skills would be an asset.
- Excellent attention to detail, with the ability to work unsupervised.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and with other personnel at all organizational levels
- Understand and follow company internal policies and processes.
- Have a dynamic and self-motivating personality with the willingness to learn.
- Basic understanding of phone systems, VOIP, digital technologies and security would be an asset.
- Experience with the following Manufacturers: IBM, HP, DELL/SONICWALL and VMWare would be an asset.
Great Work, Greater Rewards
- Competitive base salary and performance based commissions.
- Comprehensive benefits plan.
- 2 weeks paid vacation.
- Company supplied laptop and tablet.
If you have what it takes to succeed in this role, please fill out the form on this page and upload your resume.